My name is Marc and welcome to Strive Diary!
Strive Diary is my personal blog centered around practical and constant self-improvement.
I am a firm believer in a few simple ideas:
- Have a growth mindset. Our starting point for intelligence, fitness, knowledge and more is never our end point. We should always seek to better ourselves through education and regular practice.
- Challenge creates opportunity. Always have a crack at difficult things. Say yes by default and figure out the details later. This puts you in uncomfortable but rewarding positions.
- Let the data decide. Everyone is different, so I safely test things for myself to see if they have benefit to me. I try to capture the right data along the way so I have more than just a feeling that something performed better than something else, whether this is a diet, exercise etc.
- Be open to change. New ideas might challenge existing ideas we believe in, so we must look at them without bias to decide whether or not they have merit.
- Prepare for a marathon, not a sprint. History repeatedly teaches us that the most successful people in different fields and pursuits were often those who had the most time in the game.
Who am I?
I’m a marketer from Australia who enjoys learning. The blog will cover the main areas of my life I enjoy and want to improve or write about, including:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Books and movies
Writing is a way for me to solidify my experiences in the hope that it helps or entertains at least one other person.
I hope you enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!